AOH :: HOGSHIT.TXT|
Exciting TRUE story of two dumbasses killed by pig manure fumes. The fumes overcame them as they were wading thorugh four feet of pig doo
Hog Manure Fumes Kill Two
PRINCETON, Ind. -- Fumes killed a farmer and an employee as they waded
through a tank holding 4 feet of hog waste, officials said Friday.
"They probably didn't realize that the gas would hit them as quickly as it
did. It just overtook them and they were unable to climb out of the tank," said
Detective Sgt. David Knowles of the Gibson County police.
Robert H. Key, 52, and Max Wilson, 40, received a fatal dose of methane and
hydrogen sulfide on Thursday while trying to fix a tank pump at the
southwestern Indiana farm, Coroner Scott Stodghill said.
"It wouldn't have taken very long at all, a few minutes at most," Stodghill
Temperatures in the 90s contributed to the buildup of gases, he said.
The 6-foot-high tank holds waste drained from an adjacent hog barn. After it
fills, the pump is supposed to kick in and transfer the material to a manure
pit, Knowles said.
Manure pits are usually equipped with exhaust fans to reduce fumes. The
holding tank does not have one, Knowles said.
The entire AOH site is optimized to look best in Firefox® 3 on a widescreen monitor (1440x900 or better).
Site design & layout copyright © 1986- AOH
We do not send spam. If you have received spam bearing an artofhacking.com email address, please forward it with full headers to email@example.com.