All-American Apple Pie
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:42:00 AM. Recipe ID 921. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: All-american apple pie
Categories: Pies & past, Apples
Yield: 10 Servings
1/4 c Packed light brown sugar
1/4 c Granulated sugar
1 tb All-purpose flour
1 ts Lemon zest -- grated
1/4 ts Ground cinnamon
1/4 ts Ground nutmeg
6 md Apple -- prepared as
1 c Raisins
1 Pie crust (9 inch)
1 lg Egg -- beaten
1 ts Granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with
vegatable cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour,
lemon zest, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
3. Peel, core, and thinly slice apples. Add apples to sugar
mixture; stir until coated. Stir in raisins. Spoon into prepared
4. Place piecrust on top of filling. Trim edges, pressing against
edge of pan. Using a sharp knife, cut steam vents in piecrust. To
glaze, lightly brush piecrust with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake until piecrust is golden brown, about 35 to
40 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool for 30 minutes.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!