Butternut squash soup - keith luce
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:42:14 AM. Recipe ID 1214. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Butternut squash soup - keith luce
Yield: 4 Servings
1 sm Butternut squash;(about 1 lb
2 tb Chestnut honey; or regular
1 tb Butter
2 Shallots; minced
1 qt Chicken stock
2 ts Fresh rosemary leaves;minced
Salt, white pepper to taste
Honey to taste
1 1/2 c Herb-flavored wild rice,
1. Cut the squash in half and discard the seeds. Brush squash halves
with honey. Roast in a preheated 350-degree oven until tender, about
1 1/2 hours. Let cook, then cut flesh from skin (you'll have about 1
1/2 cups squash flesh).
2. Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add shallots and cook
over low heat until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add squash and 1 quart of chicken stock. Raise heat to high and
bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add rosemary and simmer
for 10 minutes.
4. Puree soup in a blender or food mill, adding more stock if needed
to achieve the desired consistency. Season with salt, white pepper
5. For a heartier soup, stir in wild rice.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!