Butterscotch bars (knight)
Butterscotch Sauces Biscuits Appetizers
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:42:15 AM. Recipe ID 1230. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Butterscotch bars (knight)
Categories: Biscuits, Sauces, Appetizers
Yield: 66 Servings
1/4 c Butter Flavor Crisco
1 pk Butterscotch Chips *
- 12 ounce package
1 c Peanut Butter, creamy style
1/3 c Milk
2 c Graham Cracker crumbs
1 c Peanuts, salted, chopped
1 pk Chocolate Chips, semi-sweet
- 6 ounce package
3 tb Butter Flavor Crisco
Finely chopped Peanuts
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes Bake Time: None
* Peanut Butter chips may be substituted for the Butterscotch Chips.
1. Combine 1/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco, butterscotch chips, peanut
butter and milk in top of double boiler over hot water. Stir
occasionally until mixture is melted and smooth.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and 1 cup chopped nuts in large
bowl. Pour butterscotch mixture over crumbs. Stir until combined.
3. Spread mixture in ungreased 9x9x2 inch pan. ( Hint: If a 9x9x2
inch pan is not available, form a 9x9x2 inch tray by lining a 13x9x2
inch pan with aluminum foil. ) Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars
3/4 x 1
4. Combine chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons Butter Flavor Crisco in
top of double boiler over hot water. Stir occasionally until
5. Place one bar at a time in melted chocolate. Turn with fork. Lift
from chocolate on fork. Allow excess to drip off. Place on paper
lined baking sheet. Sprinkle top with finely chopped nuts. Return to
refrigerator to harden chocolate.
Makes 5 1/5 to 6 dozen bars.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!