Last updated 6/12/2012 12:42:26 AM. Recipe ID 1426. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Cafe brulot
Categories: Cajun, Beverages
Yield: 6 Servings
1 tb Brown sugar
1 Cinnamon stick
5 Whole cloves
1 Lemon rind,thinly slivered
1 Orange rind,thinly slivered
2 Thin slices lemon
1 Thin slice orange
1/2 c Orange-flavored liquer
1/4 c Brandy
3 c Louisiana coffee w/chicory
Lemon rind curls
Orange rind curls
1. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and citurs rinds in a chafing dish
or medium skillet; heat until sugar begins to dissolve.
2. Add citrus slices, liquer and brandy; heat.
3. Half fill a metal ladle with some of the hot liquid and carefully
4. Add to mixture in pan to ignite, ladling to distribute flavors.
5. When flame dies, add coffee; heat.
6. Serve in demitasse cups; garnish with curls of lemon and orange
rind if desired.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!