Camp cook's casserole
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:42:42 AM. Recipe ID 1730. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Camp cook's casserole
Categories: Main dish, Casserole
Yield: 5 Servings
1 1/4 lb Lean ground beef; crumbled
1/2 c Chopped onion
3 tb Dry taco seasoning mix
14 1/2 oz Mexican-style tomatoes
--(discard 2 Tbsp liquid)
30 oz Canned pinto beans
1/3 c Ripe olives, sliced
3 tb Chopped fresh parsley
4 oz Monterey Jack cheese
1 Can cornbread twists
1 Egg yolk; slightly beaten
1 tb Water
1. Saute beef and onion in a 12" cast-iron skillet over medium heat;
2. Add taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans, olives and parsley. Sprinkle
3. Twist cornbread strips while shaping in lattice pattern over
mixture, making sure strips adhere to sides of dish.Brush twists with
mixture of egg and water.
4. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
* COOKFDN brings you this recipe with permission from: * Texas Beef
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!