Painted table currant scones
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:47:32 AM. Recipe ID 8293. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Painted table currant scones
Categories: Breads, Scones
Yield: 16 Scones
2 3/4 c Unsifted all-purpose flour
1/2 c Sugar
1 tb Baking powder
1 ts Salt
2 Sticks (8 oz) cold butter,
Cut into tablespoon-sized
3/4 c Currants
2 lg Eggs
2/3 c Whipping cream
1 tb Sugar
1. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut in butter with a pastry blender, or with your fingers, until
texture resembles coarse meal. Add currants and milk.
3. Lightly whisk eggs and cream together; add to dry ingredients.
Combine with large wooden spoon or with hands until dough barely
holds together; do not overmix. (Dough should be slightly sticky, not
dry. Add a little more cream if necessary.)
4. Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
5. Portion the dough by using an ice cream scoop, or divide the dough
in half and pat into 2 flattened disks. Cut each disk into 8
triangular shaped scones. Place on the prepared baking sheet and
sprinkle the tops with sugar.
6. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven about 20 minutes, until golden
brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!