Chick Pea Stew
Vegetarian Peas Stews
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:48:21 AM. Recipe ID 9389. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Chick pea stew
Categories: Vegetarian, Soups/stews
Yield: 4 Servings
2 lb Eggplant
2 lg Onions Chopped
1/4 c Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
1 cn (15 Oz) Tomatoes
1/2 c Dried Chick Peas OR
1 cn (15 Oz) chick peas Drained
1. Cut Eggplant Into 1/2 Inch Dice, Sprinkle With Salt, Place in a
Colander, Put a Weight on Top and Leave for 30 Minutes.
2. Rinse Eggplant and Gently Squeeze Out as Much Liquid as You Can.
3. Preheat the oven To 400 F.
4. Saute the Onion in Half the Oil in a Large Saucepan for 10
Minutes. Remove With a Slotted Spoon and Saute the Eggplant Pieces in
the Remaining Oil until Crisp and Lightly Browned. Drain on Paper
5. Put the Eggplant and Onion Into An Ovenproof Dish, Then add the
Garlic, Tomatoes, Chick Peas and Pepper. Mix Well. Cover and bake for
40-60 Min. Garnish With Fresh Mint Leaves.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!