Peach strudel with vanilla sauce
Strudel Peach Sauces Vanilla
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:48:57 AM. Recipe ID 10207. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Peach strudel with vanilla sauce
Categories: Other sauce
Yield: 10 Servings
Safflower oil -- to coat
4 c Sliced peaches
1/2 ts Cinnamon
1/2 ts Nutmeg
1/2 c Maple syrup
2 tb Arrowroot powder
6 lg Filo dough sheets
1/4 c Melted butter
1/2 c Ground almonds
2 tb Date sugar
1/2 c Honey
2 tb Unsalted butter
2 Egg yolks
1 c Nonfat milk
1 ts Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
2. In a large saucepan mix together peaches, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple
syrup, and arrowroot. Cook over medium-high heat until peaches
soften. Let cool.
3. Place filo on a clean counter. Sprinkle each sheet with 2 teaspoons
melted butter, then spread butter to cover as much of filo sheet as
possible (see Preparing Filo, recipe included in this cookbook).
Sprinkle equal amounts of almonds and date sugar on top of buttered
sheets, reserving 1 teaspoon each for topping. Stack sheets evenly on
top of each other in a pile.
4. Place cooled peach mixture along one end of filo and roll filo
around peaches, forming a log. Place seam side down on prepared
baking sheet. Brush top of filo with any remaining melted butter and
sprinkle with remaining almonds and date sugar.
5. Bake filo roll for 20 minutes or until crisp and brown. While it is
baking, in a small saucepan over medium heat combine honey, unsalted
butter, egg yolks, milk, and vanilla. Cook, stirring constantly, until
mixture thickens. Let cool slightly and serve over slices of strudel.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!