Phyllo pear pie
Phyllo Pie Pears
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:50:46 AM. Recipe ID 12236. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Phyllo pear pie
Yield: 10 Servings
5 lg Ripe pears (about 2 3/4
1/4 c Apple juice
1/4 c Packed light-brown sugar
1/4 c Granulated sugar
2 tb All-purpose flour
2 tb Lemon juice
1/2 ts Each ground cinnamon, ginger
4 Sheets phyllo dough, thawed
Non-stick cooking spray
1 ts Granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Have ready a 9-inch pie plate and a jelly-roll
pan (to catch drips).
2. Quarter, peel and core pears. Cut each quarter crosswise in
1/2-inch-thick slices. Put pears and remaining Filling ingredients in
a large, heavy saucepan.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes,
stirring occasionally, until pears are tender but not mushy. Spoon
mixture into 9-inch pie plate. Let cool slightly.
4. Lay 1 sheet phyllo over filling. Spray all over with nonstick
cooking spray. Lay second sheet crosswise over first and spray.
Continue layering and spraying remaining 2 sheets phyllo, slightly
overlapping each one.
5. Gather edges of phyllo and rest on rim of pie plate to make a
ruffled edge. Spray edges, then sprinkle entire top with remaining
teaspoon sugar. Cut slits through all layers phyllo for steam to
escape while baking.
6. Place pie plate on jelly-roll pan. Bake 12 minutes or until phyllo
is golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!