Phyllo pear tart
Phyllo Pears Tarts
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:50:46 AM. Recipe ID 12237. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Phyllo pear tart
Categories: Low-fat/low, Pies & past, Fruits
Yield: 8 Servings
8 Sheets phyllo dough
2 ts Granulated sugar -- divided
1/3 c Vanilla wafer crumbs --
4 ts Vanilla wafer crumbs
3 lg Pears
2 tb Apricot preserves
2 ts Light margarine
1/8 ts Cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350F. Lightly coat large cookie sheet with vegetable
2. Place 2 phyllo sheets on cookie sheet; spray again. Sprinkle with
1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon wafer crumbs. Repeat, layering
phyllo 2 sheets at a time, sugar crumbs, overlapping phyllo each time
to make a full circle.
3. Crumple edges of phyllo toward center to form a ruffled 10-inch
round crust. Spray edge lightly. Bake 8 minutes.
4. Peel, core, and thinly slice 2 pears. Core and slice remaining
pear. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup wafer crumbs evenly over flat area
of crust. Arrange peeled and unpeeled pears alternately in circle on
5. Heat apricot preserves, margarine, and cinnamon in saucepan over
low heat until melted; brush over pears. Bake tart 20-25 minutes,
until pears are tender. Sprinkle tart with confectioners' sugar.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!