Dilled green beans
Beans Canning Pickles Greens
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:52:38 AM. Recipe ID 14364. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Dilled green beans
Categories: Canning, Pickles, Check
Yield: 6 Servings
4 lb Green beans
3/4 c To 1 cup, Dill Seed
18 ea To 21, Whole black
3 c Vinegar
3 c Water
1/3 c Pure granulated salt
This recipe makes six or seven 1 pint jars. You'll need the basic
equipment for boiling water bath canning.
1. Organize and prepare ingredients, equipment, and work space.
2. Wash beans well; drain. Cut off ends and trim beans if necessary,
so they will stand upright in jars. (If beans are not the right
length to fin in jars, just trim ens and cut them into 1 or 2 inch
3. Pack beans into hot jars. Put 2 tablespoons dill seed and 3
peppercorns into each jar.
4. In a saucepan, combine all the remaining ingredients and heat to
5. Pour the boiling brine into jars to within 1/4 inch of tops. Run a
slim, non metal tool down along the inside of each jar to release any
air bubbles. Add additional boiling liquid, if necessary, to within
1/4 inch of tops.
6. Wipe tops and threads of jars with a damp clean cloth.
7. Put on lids and screw bans as manufacturer directs.
8. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Follow the basic
steps for boiling water bath canning, 10 through 17.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!