Diabetic Side dish Cheese Vegetables
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:53:16 AM. Recipe ID 15063. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Potatoes nicoise
Categories: Diabetic, Side dish, Cheese, Vegetables
Yield: 6 Servings
1 Garlic clove
3 md Potatoes, sliced thin
3 lg Tomatoes (1 1/2 lbs)
3 Sprigs fresh parsley
2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Crumbled tarragon leaves
1/4 ts Crumbled basil leaves
1/4 ts Ground nutmeg
3 md Red onions (1 lb)
2 tb Low fat margarine
1/4 c Or more shredded low fat
Swiss or Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Cut garlic in half lengthwise. With cut
garlic, rub inside of 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish; set aside.
Peel potatoes; cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place in bowl of cold water
and set aside.
2. Peel tomatoes (to make this easier, put in boiling water for 30
seconds and then immerse immediately in ice water). Cut into 1/2
thick slices; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, 1 tsp salt, tarragon, basil
and nutmeg. Peel and thinly slice the onions. Drain potatoes well;
pat dry with a paper towel. Place half the potatoes into a prepared
casserole dish (spray first with non-stick spray). Sprinkle with half
the parsley mixture. Add half the onions, and half the tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle tomatoes with 1/2 tsp salt. Repeat layering procedure. Cut
margarine into small pieces and dot onto casserole. Cover loosely with
5. Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Sprinkle top of
casserole with cheese, and bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until
cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!