Pumpkin Rolls Diabetic
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:55:18 AM. Recipe ID 17189. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Pumpkin rolls
Categories: Diabetic, Breads/bm, Low-fat/cal
Yield: 24 Servings
1 pk Active dry yeast
1 c Warm water (110 F)
1/3 c Honey
2 tb Margarine
1 ts Salt
1/2 c Nonfat dry milk
1 c Canned pumpkin
About 1.5 tb pumpkin spice
1 1/2 ts Cinnamon
3/4 ts Cloves
3/4 ts Nutmeg
3/4 ts Ginger
2 1/2 c To 3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 c To 2 cups whole wheat flour
Nonstick vegetable spray
1. In a large bowl or food processor, dissolve yeast in water. Add
honey, margarine, salt, dry milk, pumpkin, spices. Beat well to
blend, then gradually beat in about 4 cups of the combined flours to
make a stiff dough.
2. Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead until smooth about
15 to 20 min, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
3. Turn dough over in a bowl coated with nonstick spray, cover and
let rise in a warm place until doubled (1 1/2 - 2 hours) Punch down
dough, knead briefly on a lightly floured board to release air.
4. Divide dough into 24 equal pieces. Shape each into a smooth ball
and place balls in 2 greased 9-inch round baking pans coated with
nonstick spray. Cover and let rise until almost double.
5. Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 25 minutes or until browned.
Cool on racks.
1 roll, 121 calories 3 g protein, 1 g fat, 24 g carbohydrate, .3 g
fiber, 0 cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 82 mg potassium Exchange: 1 1/2
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!