Briami - greek vegetable casserole
Greek Casserole Vegetarian Side dish Vegetables
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:56:02 AM. Recipe ID 18058. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Briami - greek vegetable casserole
Categories: Vegetarian, Main dish, Side dish, Casseroles, Greek
Yield: 6 servings
2 lb Zucchini
4 md Potatoes
2 Green peppers
1 Red pepper
2 md Onions
1 c Olive oil
4 md Tomatoes
2 Garlic cloves
1 ts Sugar
Salt & pepper; to taste
(1) Prepare the vegetables: Cut the eggplant, zucchini and potatoes
in bite sized chunks (do not peel the zucchini or the eggplant).
Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and slice them into
strips. Peel and slice the onions. Dice the tomatoes.
(2) Saute' the vegetables except the tomatoes in the olive oil
small batches. Saut' each batch for 2 or 3 minutes, then remove
from the pan, trying to drain some of the oil so that enough oil
is left for the next batch. When you're done, most (if not all)
of the oil should be gone from the pan.
(3) Place the saute'ed vegetables in a baking dish and toss them
briefly so that you won't get only one kind of vegetable in one
(4) Add the tomatoes into the pan and saut' for a couple of minutes.
Crush the garlic and add to the tomatoes. Add the sugar, salt and
pepper to taste and simmer for another minute.
(5) Pour the tomato sauce on top of the vegetables and bake at 350
deg. F or until the vegetables are tender.
(6) Serve with plenty of fresh bread and, if you like, some feta
cheese on the side.
RATING Difficulty: easy. Time: 30-45 minutes preparation, 1 hour
baking. Precision: No need to measure.
CONTRIBUTOR Kriton Kyrimis Princeton University, Computer Science
Dept., Princeton, New Jersey, USA email@example.com
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!