Fried beaver tail
Fried Game Canadian
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:56:27 AM. Recipe ID 18664. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Fried beaver tail
Categories: Game, Canadian
Yield: 1 Servings
2 Beaver tails
1/2 c Vinegar
1 tb Salt
2 ts Soda
1/4 c Flour
1/2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
1/4 c Butter
1/4 c Sherry or cooking wine
1 ts Dry mustard
1 ts Sugar
1 tb Worcestershire sauce
1. Skin beaver tails, clean thoroughly and wash well in a solution of
salt : water. Let soak overnight in cold water to cover, adding
1/2 cup : vinegar and 1 tablespoon salt to water.
2. The next day, remove from the brine, wash, then cover with
solution of : 2 teasoons soda to 2 quarts water. Bring to a boil,
reduce heat and : simmer 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Dredge beaver tails in seasoned flour.
4. Melt butter in heavy fry pan and saute tails at low heat until
5. Mix wine with mustard, sugar, garlic powder and Worcestershire
6. Add to beaver tails and simmer gently for 10 minutes, basting
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!