Fried fish with garlic sauce
Fried Fish Garlic Sauces
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:56:46 AM. Recipe ID 19091. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Fried fish with garlic sauce
Categories: Main dish, Fish, Cyberealm
Yield: 4 Servings
2 lb Fresh Anchovies or Whitebait
1 c All-purpose Flour
5 tb Cold Water
1 pn Salt
Oil for Frying
4 sl Bread, crusts trimmed
(soaked in water for 10 min)
4 cl Garlic,
(peeled and roughly chopped)
2 tb Lemon Juice
4 1/2 tb Olive Oil
1 1/2 tb Water (optional)
Salt and Pepper
2 ts Fresh Parsley, chopped
Lemon Wedges for garnish
1) Sift the flour into a deep bowl with the salt. Gradually stir in
water in the amount needed to make a very thick batter.
2) Heat enough oil for frying in a large, deep pan. A deep-sided
3) Take 3 fish at a time and dip them into the batter together. Press
their tails together firmly to make a fan shape.
4) Lower them carefully into the oil. Fry in several batches until
and golden. Continue in the same way with all the remaining fish.
5) Meanwhile, squeeze out the bread and put in a food processor with
garlic and lemon juice. With the processor running, add the oil in
thin steady stream. Add water if the mixture is too thick and dry.
salt and pepper and stir in parsley by hand. When all the fish are
cooked, sprinkle lightly with salt and arrange on serving plates
some of the garlic sauce and lemon wedges.
From the kitchen of Pegyy and Bruce Travers, Cyberealm BBS Watertown
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!