Bruce's favorite caesar salad
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:56:46 AM. Recipe ID 19099. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Bruce's favorite caesar salad
Categories: Salads, Appetizers, Cyberealm
Yield: 4 Servings
1 x Head of Romaine Lettuce
1 x Tin of Anchovy Filets
1 tb Fresh Ground Black Pepper
4 cl Garlic
1 x Egg Yolk-use Extra Large Egg
1 tb Prepared Hot Mustard
3 ds Tobasco Sauce
1 tb Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 c Olive Oil
Red Wine Vinegar
1 x Lemon
Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 lb Bacon
1) Cook the bacon until very crisp. Set aside and allow to drain on
2) Place egg in a glass of warm water and set aside until it reaches
temperature (10-15 minutes).
3) Crush the garlic in a large wooden bowl. Add the anchovies and
into a pulpy mass. Mix with black pepper.
4) Add mustard, worcestershire sauce and tobasco. Separate the egg,
the yolk. If you can't find any extra large eggs then 2 small eggs
fine. Stir in each of these ingredients thoroughly as you add each
5) SLOWLY add the oil from the anchovy tin, using a french whisk to
6) SLOWLY add olive oil, rapidly whipping until you get a thick
may have to vary the amount of oil to achieve this (at least 3/4
7) Squeeze in some red wine vinegar to taste. Once around the bowl is
8) Squeeze in one lemon for the juice, again to taste.
9) Just before serving, add the lettuce, croutons, crushed bacon and
parmesan cheese. Toss Thoroughly.
The trick to this is the dressing should be quite thick before adding
the red wine vinegar and lemon juice.
You may want to add more garlic, tobasco, worcestershire, mustard
depending on how spicy you like your Caesar Salad. From the kitchen
of Bruce and Peggy Travers, Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY 315-786-1120
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!