Ariel's peppercorn steak (or steak au poivre)
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:56:46 AM. Recipe ID 19101. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Ariel's peppercorn steak (or steak au poivre)
Categories: Main dish, Meats, Cyberealm
Yield: 1 Servings
1 x 8 to 12 oz New York Sirloin
1/4 c Olive Oil
1/4 c Teriyaki Sauce
2 tb Worcestershire Sauce
Coarsley Crushed Peppercorns
1) Combine olive oil, teriyakia and worcestershire sauces to form a
marinade for the meat. Or, you may use a marinade recipe of your
choice. Marinade the steak at least a few hours, or overnight in
fridge turning the meat occasionally.
2) Crush enough peppercorns to cover the steak on both sides. Put the
crushed peppercorns on a cutting board and press the steak onto the
peppercorns to coat. Do the same for both sides of the steak.
3) Heat a heavy skillet (preferably cast iron with grill lines) and
the steak into it. Depending on the meat and the marinade, you may
to add a bit of oil.
4) Cook both sides evenly until the meat is medium rare, or to your
5) Put the meat on a heated plate. Keep the liquid in the skillet and
some wine to deglaze the skillet. (ie collect all the remains into
sauce). Cook (fairly high heat) until the sauce thickens, stirring
6) For more sauce, or Steak au Poivre la Creme, add cream and cook a
little longer. Usually you need to do this to thicken the sauce.
7) Add cognac, cook some more. Sauce should always be thick. Pour
over steak and optionally flambe in cognac (Steak au Poivre
Serve with Parisienne potatos and carrots.
From the kitchen of Peggy and Bruce Travers,Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!