Electronic gourmet's garlic bread
Garlic Bread Appetizers
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:56:47 AM. Recipe ID 19112. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Electronic gourmet's garlic bread
Categories: Breads, Appetizers, Cyberealm
Yield: 1 Loaf
1/4 lb Butter, soften to room temp.
1 cl Garlic, peeled and crushed
1 x Loaf French Bread, 18" long
1) Blend garlic with butter and let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
2) About 1/2 hour before serving, preheat oven to 375 F.
3) Meanwhile, slice bread 1 inch thick, cutting to but not through the
bottom and holding knife at a slight angle.
4) Spread both sides of each slice with garlic butter and wrap loaf
in heavy foil. Place on a baking sheet and warm 20-25 minutes.
5) Unwrap and serve in a long napkin wrapped bread basket, or break
chunks and serve in a round napkin wrapped basket.
Variations: =========== Herbed Garlic Bread:
Mix 1 ts minced parsely and 1/4 ts each of thyme and oregano or
marjoram into garlic butter and proceed as above.
Cheese Garlic Bread:
Mix 1 tb grated parmesan, 1/4 ts salt, 1/8 ts pepper and 1/4 ts each
of savory and oregano or thyme into garlic butter and proceed as
Curry or Chili Garlic Bread:
Mix 1 to 2 ts curry or chili powder into garlic butter and proceed as
You can freeze before baking. On serving day open foil and bake at
350 F for 15 minutes.
You can also use a microwave.
Typed for you by Peggy and Bruce Travers,Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!