French style ice cream **
French Ice cream Creams
Last updated 6/12/2012 12:56:56 AM. Recipe ID 19292. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: French style ice cream **
Categories: Ice cream, Desserts, Freezer
Yield: 1 servings
MMMMM----------------------PATTI - VDRJ67A---------------------------
4 Egg; separated
1 1/2 c Sugar
6 c Light cream -OR- half & half
2 tb Vanilla extract
Beat yolks in a small bowl until foamy. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar;
beat until thickened. Beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft
peaks form. Fold egg yolk mix into egg whites. Stir in cream and
remaining 3/4 cup sugar. Transfer to 3 quart saucepan. Cook over
medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture coats a spoon (DO NOT
BOIL). Cool. Add vanilla. Chill well, churn then freeze. Makes about
VARIATIONS: For variations reduce amount of vanilla to 1 tbls. Blend
in additional ingredients after ice cream mix is cooled and before
chilling, unless directed otherwise.
1) BLACK WALNUT: Add 2 cups finely chopped black walnuts.
2) MOCHA CHIP: Blend 1/4 cup instant coffee into a portion of the
cream in recipe. Heat to dissolve coffee; cool. Stir in 1 cup
minature chocolate chips.
3) PUMPKIN: Combine and blend in 2 cups canned pumpkin, 1-1/2 tsp
pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 tsp allspice.
4) SPICE: Combine 4 tsp cinnamon, 1-1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp ground
cloves with sugar in recipe.
5) PEPPERMINT: Reduce sugar in recipes to 3/4 cup. Blend in 1 cup
crushed peppermint stick candy. Add another 1/2 cup crushed candy
after freezing but before ripening.
6) TOFFEE CRUNCH: Reduce sugar to 1-1/4 cups. Blend in 1 cup crushed
plain toffee candy. Add another 1 cup crushed candy after freezing
but before ripening.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!