Mixed wild mushrooms with grilled polenta
Mushrooms Polenta Side dish Italian Vegetables
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:02:55 AM. Recipe ID 26582. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Mixed wild mushrooms with grilled polenta
Categories: Side dish, Italian, Vegetables
Yield: 4 Servings
1/2 c Dried porcini mushrooms
1 c Cold water
2 tb Peanut oil
1 c Leeks, chopped
3/4 lb Assorted wild mushrooms
-- cut in large pieces
1 ea Recipe Grilled Polenta
2 ts Cornstarch
2 tb Medium-dry sherry
2 1/2 tb Soy sauce
1 ts Molasses
1. Soak the porcini in the cold water for 30 minutes. Lift the
mushrooms from the soaking water, squeezing them over the water to
return any liquid to the cup; dice the mushrooms. Strain the porcini
water through a fine-mesh sieve.
2. Reduce the porcini water over low heat until only 2 tbs remain,
about 15 minutes. Let cool.
3. Make the seasoning sauce by dissolving the cornstarch in the
sherry. Stir in the reduced porcini water, soy sauce, and molasses.
4. Heat a wok or large cast-iron skillet over high heat until it
smokes, 2-3 minutes. Add the peanut oil, then immediately add the
leeks; stir-fry 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the porcini and the wild mushrooms and stir-fry 3-4 minutes
6. Stir the seasoning sauce and add it to the wok all at once,
continuing to stir until the sauce has thickened and has thoroughly
glazed the mixture, about 30 seconds.
7. Broil the Grilled Polenta during the last few minutes the wild
mushrooms are cooking. (If necessary the mushrooms can wait a few
minutes while you broil the polenta. Put the polenta on a serving
plate. Top with the mushroom mix. Serve at once.
"The Occasional Vegetarian" by Karen Lee. Posted by Diane Lazarus
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!