Almond, Lemon And Ricotta Cake
Lemon Cakes Cheese Almonds
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:03:38 AM. Recipe ID 27701. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Almond, lemon and ricotta cake
Categories: Cakes, Cheese, Desserts, New
Yield: 1 Servings
250 g Blanched almonds
70 g Plain flour
7 Lemons, finely grated zest
3 Lemons, juice of
225 g Unsalted butter, softened
250 g Caster sugar
6 Eggs, separated
300 g Fresh ricotta cheese
Makes 1 x 25.5cm/10 in cake.
1. Preheat oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2. Butter a 25.5cm/10in round cake
tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Coarsely chop the almonds in a food processor. Combine with the
flour and lemon zest.
3. Beat the butter and sugar together in a mixer until pale and
light. Add the egg yolks one by one, then add the almond mixture.
4. Put the ricotta in a bowl and lightly beat with a fork. Add the
lemon juice. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they form
soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the almond mixture and finally
stir in the ricotta.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated
oven for 35-40 minutes until set. Test by inserting a skewer, which
should come out clean. Remove from tin while warm, and cool on a rack.
NOTES : Go on - just a slice. To serve any time, but especially as a
new-style pudding. Ricotta is a fresh, soft, mild cheese,
traditionally made fro mthe whey left behind when the curds had been
used for other cheeses. It's not so rich as mascarpone, and often
used in cooking, as a filling for pasta or for sweet or savoury
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!