Last updated 6/12/2012 1:03:44 AM. Recipe ID 27856. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Amaretto mousse
Yield: 1 Servings
1 pt Whipping cream
1 tb Gelatin powder
3 oz Amaretto liqueur
3 tb Confectioners sugar
Vanilla extract, to taste
Almond extract, to taste
1 c Sliced, toasted almonds
1. Whip the fresh, heavy cream. Place in the refrigerator until ready
2. Dissolve the gelatin powder in Amaretto in a double boiler. Keep
warm until ready to use.
3. Combine the eggs and confectioners sugar in a separate double
boiler. Heat on low temperature until warm while whisking constantly.
4. Remove the egg and sugar mixture from heat and mix at high speed
until consistency reaches firm peaks.
5. Fold the gelatin mixture into the eggs.
6. Fold in the whipped cream and add vanilla and almond extract to
7. Fill dessert glasses and place in the refrigerator until firm
(approximately 1 hour).
8. Garnish with sliced, toasted almonds. This mousse is a very light
dessert. It is good to serve after a meal of many courses.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!