Amish Peanut Butter Cream Pie
Amish Peanut Butter Pie Creams
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:03:50 AM. Recipe ID 28003. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Amish peanut butter cream pie
Categories: Pies, Desserts
Yield: 8 Servings
3/4 c Powdered sugar
1/2 c Smooth peanut butter
1 c Sugar; divided
3 c Milk; divided
3 Eggs; separated
6 tb Cornstarch; divided
3 tb Flour
1/4 ts Salt
2 tb Butter
2 ts Vanilla; divided
1 Pie shell; baked
1/4 ts Cream of tartar
1. Beat together the powdered sugar and peanut butter until the
mixture is crumbly; set aside.
2. In a large, heavy saucepan, combine 2/3 c sugar and 2 c milk; heat
to scalding or until bubbles start to form on the bottom. Do not let
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks to mix; blend in 3
T cornstarch, flour and salt. Stire to make a paste.
4.Whisk in the remaining 1 c cold milk, whisking until the mixture is
5. Pour in some of the hot milk mixture, stirring to combine.
6. Add mixture in bowl to the milk in the saucepan. Cook over
medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles up in
7. Add the butter and 1 t vanilla. Remove from heat and let custard
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
9. Sprinkle 2/3 of the crumbly peanut butter mixture in the bottom of
the baked (and cooled) pastry shell. Pour the cooled custard mixture
over the top.
10. In a large mixer bowl, place the egg whites, cream of tartar and
remaining 1 t vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
10. Gradually, while beating, add the 4 T remaining sugar and 3 T
remaining cornstarch. Continue beating until whiltes are very think
and glossy. 11. Spread on top of pie; sprinkle the remaining peanut
butter mixture on top. Bake for 1- to 15 minutes; watching carefully,
or until the meringue is golden brown. Cool.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!