Ananas A La Creme (Cream-Filled Pineapple)
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:03:52 AM. Recipe ID 28062. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Ananas a la creme (cream-filled pineapple)
Categories: Cheese/eggs, Fruits
Yield: 4 Servings
2 c Milk
1/2 c Granulated sugar
1/3 c Flour
1/8 Teasp. salt
5 Egg yolks, beaten
1/4 Teasp. vanilla extract
1. Start heating oven to 425ø F. Cut off top of 1 large ripe
pineapple. With knife and spoon, cut out pineapple meat from inside,
leaving 1/2"-thick shell.
2. From pineapple meat, cut off core; then cut into thin slices; in
saucepan, simmer with 1/4 cup granulated sugar 5 min. Drain well.
3. Now, into pineapple shell, spoon Creme Patissiere* and drained
pineapple in layers, until shell is filled, ending with Creme
Patissiere. Toss 2 tablesp. macaroon crumbs with 2 teasp. melted
butter or margarine; sprinkle over top. (Save any leftover creme and
fruit for next day's lunch.)
4. Bake pineapple 25 min. or until golden. Serve hot. Makes 4
1. In double boiler, heat cream.
2. Combine sugar, flour, and salt. Add to egg yolks; beat until
3. Stir some of hot cream mixture into egg yolks; mix well. Stir egg
mixture into the remaining cream mixture in double boiler.
4. Cook over hot water, stirring constantly, about 15 min. or until
mixture is thickened and coats spoon. Remove from heat.
5. Add vanilla; cover surface with waxed paper; refrigerate overnight.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!