Annie mae jones' yeast rolls
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:04:04 AM. Recipe ID 28377. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Annie mae jones' yeast rolls
Categories: Breads, Rolls
Yield: 24 Servings
5 1/2 c Flour
1/3 c Sugar
2 pk Yeast,dry
1 ts Salt
3/4 c Milk
1/2 c Water
4 tb Butter,at room temperature
MMMMM-----------------CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR GLAZE----------------------
1 c Confectioners' sugar,sifted
2 tb Orange juice
1. In a large bowl thoroughly mix 2 cups of the flour, the sugar,
yeast and salt.
2. Combine milk, water, and butter in a saucepan. Place over low heat
and stir until butter is melted. Mixture should be just warm, about
115-120'F. on thermometer.
3. Gradually add milk mixture to dry ingredients and eat for 2
minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl often. Add
eggs and beat well.
4. With a wooden spoon stir in sufficient additional flour (3 to 3-1/2
cups) to make a soft dough. turn out on a lightly floured board and
knead about 10 minutes, or unil satiny and smooth. Form into a ball
and place in a warm bowl that has been generously greased with soft
butter at room temperature. Turn to coat all sides with butter. Cover
and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
5. Punch down and shape into small balls. Place about 1/2" apart on
greased baking sheets and again let stand free from drafts in a warm
place until double in bulk.
6. Bake in preheated 350'F. oven for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly
7. Serve warm.
8. If necessary, undercook rolls just slightly; then reheat just
9. If desired, you may fold in about 1 cup lightly floured raisins to
dough during final kneading. Then frost rolls while warm with
Confectioners' Sugar Glaze.
*** CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR GLAZE ***
Combine sugar with 1 tablespoon orange juice. Add sufficient additioal
orange juice to make a medium-thin glaze. From: Earl Shelsby Date:
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!