Apple Oat Muffins
Apple Muffins Oats
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:04:27 AM. Recipe ID 28945. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Apple oat muffins
Yield: 12 Servings
1 c Buttermilk, sour milk, or
..plain yogurt (thinned to
..consistency of bmilk)
1 c Rolled oats
1/2 c Raisons
1 c Whole wheat (pastry) flour
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1 1/2 ts Cinnamon
1/2 ts Salt
1 Egg or 2 egg whites or
..1/4 c egg substitute
1/3 c Honey
1 Apple--cored and grated
1. Spray muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Stir together in large mixing bowl and let stand while preparing
remaining ingredients: Buttermilk, oats, and raisons
3. Blend dry ingredients together in separate bowl: whole wheat
baking powder, cinnamon, salt.
4. Vigorously blend into oats and buttermilk: Egg and honey.
5. Blend dry ingredients into liquid ingredients just until mixed.
6. Fold in grated apple.
7. Fill muffin cups almost full. Fill any empty cups half full of
8. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
9. Cool muffins in pan for 5 to 10 minutes for easy removal with
tug on side of each muffin. Turn muffins upsode down when
pan unmtil ready to serve. Best served warm. Variation--omit
oats and use 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!