Apple Puff Pastry Tartlets
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:04:32 AM. Recipe ID 29051. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Apple puff pastry tartlets
Yield: 1 Servings
1 c Unbleached all-purpose flour
10 tb Cold butter -unsalted; cut
-into 1/2 inch dice, 2
-tablespoons of 10 kept
1/2 ts Salt
3 tb Cold tap water; plus 1 tbl
-more (per 3 tbl) if
Apples; sliced paper thin
1. For the dough, place flour in work bowl of food processor fitted
steel blade-, add the 2 tablespoons butter, pulse until butter is
absorbed, about 10 to 12 pulses of 1 second each.
2. Add remaining butter pulse once or twice to distribute. Dissolve
salt in water and add to flour mixture-, pulse 3 or 4 times,until
dough just starts to form a rough ball-do not overprocess. If mixture
remains very dry, add a teaspoon of water at a time and pulse again.
3. Turn dough onto floured work surface and shape into rough
rectangle, then place on top of sheet of well-floured plastic wrap
measuring at least 6-by-9 inches. Lightly flour top of dough and
cover with another sheet of wrap. Press dough with rolling pin to
flatten, then roll back and forth several times with rolling pin to
make 6-by-9-inch rectangle of dough.
4. Peel away plastic wrap and invert dough onto floured work surface,
long side facing you. Peel away second piece of wrap.Fold top third
of dough down and bottom third up, to make2-by-9-inch rectangle, then
roll up dough from one end like a jellyroll. Press dough into square,
wrap in plastic,
and refrigerate 1hour, or until firm.
5. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 1 5-by-1 0-inch
into 3- to 3 1/2-inch disks, squares, or diamonds. Arrange on a
parchment-lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart on all sides,and
prick with a fork.
6. Top each dough shape with apple and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until golden and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool
slightly-, serve warm.
Makes 12 to 15 3-inch tartlets.
Nationality: USA Courses: dessert, pastry Season:any Method: baked
Start to Finish 1 1/2 hours Preparation 5 minutes Attention 1 1/2
hours Finishing 5 minutes
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!