Apple-cinnamon baked french toast
French Breakfast Toasts
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:04:38 AM. Recipe ID 29202. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Apple-cinnamon baked french toast
Yield: 10 Servings
1 lb Loaf French bread
Nonstick cooking spray
8 lg Eggs; slightly beaten
3 1/2 c Skim milk
1 c Sugar; divided
1 tb Vanilla extract
6 md Apples;peel/core/thin slice
3 ts Ground cinnamon
1 ts Ground nutmeg
1 tb Butter
1. Slice bread into 1 1/2-inch slices. Coat a 9-by-13-inch pan with
nonstick cooking spray and tightly pack bread into pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup sugar and the
vanilla. Pour half of the egg mixture over the bread slices.
3. Evenly distribute apple slices over bread. Top with remaining egg
4. In a small bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the cinnamon and
nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples. Dot with butter. Cover and refrigerate
5. The next day, uncover pan and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven
for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut
into squares and serve warm.
from Joseph Stefanic, Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!