Apricot fruit cake
Fruit Cakes Apricots
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:04:49 AM. Recipe ID 29501. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Apricot fruit cake
Categories: Cakes, Gifts
Yield: 1 Servings
1/2 c Dried Apricots; Snipped
1/2 c Raisins; Light
1/4 c Sugar
1 1/2 c Sugar
8 oz Cream Cheese; Softened
1 c Butter
1 1/2 ts Vanilla
4 Whole Eggs
2 1/2 c Sifted Cake Flour
1 1/2 ts Baking Powder
1/2 c Pecans; Chopped
1. Combine apricots, raisins, the 1/4 cup sugar and 2 cups water in
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
Drain well and set aside.
3. Cream together the 1 1/2 cups sugar, cream cheese, butter and
vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Sift together cake flour and baking powder.
5. Add to creamed mixture and blend well.
6. Fold in apricots and pecans.
7. Spoon into well greased and floured 10" fluted tube pan.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 65 to 70 minutes.
9. Cool completely.
Remove from pan. Wrap in foil, store overnight.
NOTES : This is worth the effort.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!