Last updated 6/12/2012 1:04:57 AM. Recipe ID 29688. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Arancia genovese
Yield: 4 Servings
4 lg Oranges
1 pt Italian ice; any flavor, or
-Spumoni ice cream
4 oz Galliano
1/2 pt Whipping cream; whipped
2 oz Creme de Cacao
1. Cut off top and bottom of each orange to a thickness of 1/4 in. Set
aside tops and bottoms.
2. Using a paring knife, separate rind from pulp by inserting knife
between rind and pulp and cutting with a rotating motion. When
properly separated, pulp should easily slip out by pressing with
fingers, leaving hollowed orange rind intact. Discard pulp.
3. Through top opening of rind, replace bottom rind disc so that rind
will hold filling.
4. Fill each rind with Italian ice or spumoni.
5. Using any kitchen utensil, make a hole in center of ice or spumoni
about the width of a finger. Fill with Galliano.
6. Top with 1 in. to 2 in. whipped cream.
7. Make a similar hole in whipped cream and fill with Creme de Cacao.
8. Cap with reserved rind tops. Serve immediately.
BEULAH RD, PITTSBURGH
WINE: MANDOCREME MARSALA
From the . Downloaded
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!