Aromatic roast duck
Roast Duck Poultry
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:05:00 AM. Recipe ID 29769. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Aromatic roast duck
Yield: 6 Servings
1 Piece dried tangerine peel
1 Duck; 4 to 5 pounds
1 Clove garlic
1 Scallion stalk
3 sl Fresh ginger root
1/2 c Soy sauce
2 tb Sherry
1/2 ts Soybean paste
1 ts Sugar
5 tb Peanut oil
1. Soak tangerine peel. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wipe duck inside and out with a damp cloth; then dry with paper
toweling. Sew up or skewer its neck opening. Place ducktail-side up
in a deep bowl.
3. Mince garlic, scallion, ginger root and soaked tangerine peel.
Combine with soy sauce, sherry, soybean paste and sugar. Pour mixture
into duck cavity. Sew up the cavity securely or skewer.
4. Brush duck with oil. Place on a rack over a drip pan containing
several inches of water. Roast until done (about 25 minutes per
pound) brushing duck with oil at 15-minute intervals. (Add more water
to drip pan as it evaporates.)
5. Let duck cool; then chill. Bone and cut in bite-size pieces (each
with some skin). Serve cold.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!