Artichoke sauce with mushrooms and greens
Artichoke Mushrooms Greens Pasta Vegetarian Sauces
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:05:07 AM. Recipe ID 29917. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Artichoke sauce with mushrooms and greens
Categories: Pasta, Vegetarian
Yield: 5 Servings
1 tb Olive oil
1 c Onion; minced
3/4 lb Mushroom; sliced
1 1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Dried thyme
1/2 ts Dried sage
1/2 lb Kale or collard greens;
-stemmed and chopped
4 lg Clov garlic; minced
4 tb Vegetable broth or water; or
-for a zippier taste, white
1 tb Unbleached white flour
2 6 oz. jars marinated
-artichoke hearts or crowns
Freshly ground black pepper;
6 Leaves fresh basil
3 tb Milk or cream; optional
1. Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven. Add the
onion and saute for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add the mushrooms, 1/2 tsp. salt, thyme and sage.
3. Stir and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, then add the
greens, garlic, and remaining salt.
4. Stir, cover, and cook another 5 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add the broth, water, or wine, and wait until it bubbles. Sprinkle
in the flour, stirring as you sprinkle.
6. Cook uncovered for another minute or two, stiring constantly. The
liquid will thicken.
7. Cut the artichokes into bite sized pieces. Add these to the
skillet, along with all the liquid from the jars.
8. Grind in some black pepper, stir in the basil, and if desired,
stir in the milk or cream. Remove from heat and serve.
NOTES : serve this luxurious sauce over pasta, plain cooked rice, or
baked potatoes. Note: Use any kind of leafy green in addition to (or
in place of) kale or collard greens. (Try spinach, escarole or chard.)
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!