Bacon Scallops Appetizers
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:05:47 AM. Recipe ID 30947. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Bacon scallops
Categories: Scallops, Appetizers
Yield: 4 Servings
10 Bacon slices
20 lg Sea scallops
1 c Whipping cream
2 tb Dijon mustard
2 tb Pure maple syrup
Snipped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Arrange bacon slices on baking sheet. Bake until pale golden,
about 8 minutes.
3. Cut each slice crosswise in half. Cool.
4. Wrap 1 bacon piece around sides of each scallop and secure with a
5. Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Place scallops on baking sheet and
bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, boil cream in heavy large skillet until reduced to 3/4
c., about 3 minutes.
7. Add mustard and syrup and boil until thickened to sauce
consistency, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Remove toothpicks from scallops. Spoon sauce evenly onto 4 small
plates. Arrange scallops decoratively atop sauce.
9. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!