Mushrooms Appetizers Meat
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:05:49 AM. Recipe ID 30989. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Bacon-wrapped mushrooms
Categories: Appetizers, Meat
Yield: 12 Servings
1 lb Bacon
1 lb Fresh mushrooms, washed
1. Cut the mushrooms in half. If it is a very small mushroom, leave it
whole. If it is an oversized mushroom, cut into thirds or fourths.
2. Slice bacon in half (width-wise) at an angle. To do this, hold the
knife perpendicular to the bacon, then turn the knife slightly so
that the knife is now at an angle, then slice the bacon.
3. Take a slice of bacon and wrap it around a mushroom half, overlap
the ends, and poke a toothpick about half-way into the mushroom at
4. Repeat this for each bacon slice and mushroom half.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Arrange mushrooms on a drip pan about 1/2-inch apart. Bake for 20
minutes. Serve hot.
NOTES: Depending on how thick the bacon is, you may need more than 1
pound. Also, don't let soak mushrooms in water or they'll absorb too
much water and then they'll shrink and crack.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!