Baked beans with ground beef topping
Beans Beef Ground Beef Toppings
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:05:58 AM. Recipe ID 31231. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Baked beans with ground beef topping
Categories: Beans, Casseroles, Ground beef
Yield: 24 Servings
1 lb Ground Beef
3/4 c Green Pepper; chopped
8 oz Tomato Sauce
4 tb Liquid Barbecue SmokeŽ
4 tb Vinegar
1 ts Thyme
96 oz Pork and beans
Pepper to Taste
1/3 lb Bacon; smoked
1 c Onions; chopped
1/8 c Mustard
1 c Water
2 ts Garlic; minced
3/4 c Brown Sugar
Salt to Taste
1. In a large frying pan, cook ground beef in its' own fat.
2. Add green pepper and onion.
3. Saute until beef is brown and vegetables are limp.
4. With the exception of 4 strips of bacon, cut bacon into 2-inch
strips and add to ground beef mixture.
5. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, garlic, mustard, thyme,
brown sugar, liquid hickory smoke, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Simmer together 5 minutes.
7. Turn pork 'n beans into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
8. Spoon meat mixture over top.
9. Place long strips of bacon over top of ground beef.
10. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!