Baked noodle ring
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:06:15 AM. Recipe ID 31658. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Baked noodle ring
Categories: Side, Dishes
Yield: 6 Servings
1/4 lb Large flat noodles
Safflower oil -- for coating
2 ts Unsalted butter
1/4 c Minced green onion
1/4 c Minced red bell pepper
1/2 c Thinly sliced mushrooms
2 ts Whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 ts Herbal salt substitute
1/2 c Nonfat milk
1/4 c Nonfat yogurt
1 ds Fresh ground black pepper
2 Egg whites
2 Whole eggs
1/4 c Finely chopped parsley
1. In a large pot over high heat, bring to a boil 2 quarts of water.
Cook noodles until barely tender (about 5 minutes). Drain and refresh
under cold water, then set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8-inch ring mold or
an 8-inch-square baking pan.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter and saute
green onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add flour and
salt substitute and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Pour in milk and
cook, stirring frequently, until thick (about 8 minutes). Stir in
yogurt and pepper and remove from heat.
4. Separate eggs. In a small bowl combine all egg whites and beat
until stiff. In a separate bowl beat egg yolks until foamy, then add
to sauteed vegetables. Add drained noodles and fold in egg whites,
then parsley. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
5. Bake until set (about 30 minutes). Unmold and serve hot.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!