Baked rice with sausage, peppers and mushrooms
Rice Peppers Sausage Mushrooms
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:06:21 AM. Recipe ID 31811. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Baked rice with sausage, peppers and mushrooms
Categories: Casseroles, Rice, Sausage
Yield: 4 Servings
2 tb Olive oil
12 oz Italian sausage; cut 1/2
1 md Onion; finely chopped
1 md Sweet red pepper; cut 1/2
1 cn Mushroom; thinly sliced
1 sm Zucchini; halved and sliced
3 c White rice
2 3/4 c Chicken broth
1/2 c Parmesan cheese; grated
1 ts Dried basil
1/2 ts Black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a heavy 12 inch skillet over moderately high heat.
2. Add the sausage, and saute for 5 minutes or until browned.
3. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
4. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the fat from the skillet and
5. Preheat the oven to 350.
6. Add the onion to the skillet and saute stirring for 5 minutes.
7. Add the red pepper, mushrooms and zucchini and saute, stirring
occasionally, 5 minutes longer.
8. Stir in the rice tossing to coat.
9. Add the stock, bring to a boil and stir in the Parmesan cheese,
basil, pepper and sausage.
10. Transfer the mixture to a lightly oiled, 2 quart casserole. AT
this point the casserole can be coled to room temperature and stored
in the refrigerator tightly covered for up to 24 hours.
11. Bake covered for 25 minutes.
12. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until almost all the liquid
has been absorbed and the rice is tender and the top is slightly
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!