Banana cinnamon doughnuts
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:06:42 AM. Recipe ID 32310. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Banana cinnamon doughnuts
Yield: 30 Servings
3 c Peanut oil; for frying
4 c All-purpose flour
3/4 c Sugar
4 ts Baking powder
1 ts Salt
1/2 ts Ground cinnamon
1/2 ts Ground nutmeg
1/4 c Margarine
1 c Bananas; mashed
2 Large eggs; beaten
3/4 c Sugar
2 ts Ground cinnamon
1. Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer or deep heavy skillet. Time
heating so it will be ready when you are prepared to begin frying
doughnuts. Use Canola oil if you prefer, but peanut oil has a higher
smoking point and is a good choice for frying.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt,
cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in margarine using a pastry blender or two
3. Make a well in center of mix and add mashed bananas and eggs.
Mix well. You can do this with a wooden spoon, or since dough will be
very stiff you may want to use your hands to mix it well.
4. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/2-inch
thick. Cut with a 2-1/2 inch doughnut cutter that you dip in flour as
5. Deep-fry, a few at a time, until golden brown. Drain on brown
paper bags. Fry the doughnut "holes" also.
6. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a paper bag or place on a shallow
plate. Coat warm doughnuts with this mixture.
Yield: about 22 doughnuts and 22 centers.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!