Basic noodles in soup #1
Noodles Basics Soups
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:07:21 AM. Recipe ID 33308. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Basic noodles in soup #1
Yield: 4 Servings
1/2 lb Egg noodles
6 c Stock
1/2 ts Salt
1 ds Pepper
2 ts Soy sauce
1 tb Sherry
1. Parboil noodles as in "Parboiled Noodles #1/#2".
2. Bring stock to a boil. Stir in noodles, then bring to a boil again.
Simmer to heat through (about 2 minutes). Meanwhile mince scallion.
3. Stir salt, pepper, soy sauce and sherry into stock. Sprinkle with
scallion and serve at once.
NOTE: Never add noodles to soup until just about ready to serve. If
added too far in advance, noodles tend to get mushy. VARIATIONS:
1. In step 2, before adding the noodles, add 1 cup raw chicken.
shredded; and/or 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, cut in strips. Simmer,
covered, 10 minutes.
2. In step 2, after adding the noodles, add 1 cup cooked chicken or
pork, diced; or 1 cup cooked vegetables, diced. Simmer only to heat
3. For the parboiled egg noodles, substitute 1/2 pound peastarch
noodles (soaked); and 1 cup spinach, shredded. In step 2, simmer both
only to heat through.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!