Basic noodles in soup #2
Noodles Basics Soups
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:07:21 AM. Recipe ID 33309. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Basic noodles in soup #2
Yield: 6 Servings
Topping for soup
1/2 lb Egg noodles
2 ts Soy sauce
1 ts Peanut oil
3 dr Sesame oil; more or less
1/8 ts Pepper
6 c Stock
1. Prepare any of the simple or stir-fried toppings suggested in
recipes: "Basic Noodles Simple Toppings", "Basic Noodles Chicken
Topping #1/#2", "Basic Noodles Cooked Chicken Topping #1/#2", or
"Basic Noodles Pork and Spinach Topping"
2. Parboil noodles as in "Parboiled Noodles #1/#2".
3. Place noodles in a bowl. Add soy sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil and
pepper, and toss well. Keep noodles warm. Meanwhile bring stock to a
4. Transfer noodles to a large tureen or to individual soup bowls.
Arrange topping over noodles; then pour heated stock over and serve
NOTE: When stir-fried toppings are used, the stock is added first in
step 4, then the topping. VARIATIONS:
1. Leave the noodles unseasoned. Season the stock instead with 1/2
teaspoon salt and the pepper.
2. After step 2, brown the noodles in a little oil before placing
them in soup bowls. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!