Basic stir-fried bean curd
Vegetables Basics Beans
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:07:25 AM. Recipe ID 33404. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Basic stir-fried bean curd
Yield: 4 Servings
4 Cakes bean curd
1 Scallion stalk
3 -(up to)
4 tb 0il
1/4 ts Salt
2 tb Soy sauce
1/4 ts Salt
1. Cut each bean curd cake in 6 to 8 pieces or in 1-inch cubes. Cut
scallion stalk in 1-inch sections.
2. Heat oil. Add salt; then scallion, and stir-fry a few times until
translucent. Add bean curd; stir-fry gently until heated through (2
to 3 minutes).
3. Sprinkle with soy sauce and remaining salt and stir in gently.
NOTE: Since bean curd is fragile, vigorous stir-frying will demolish
it. Therefore shake or tilt the pan from time to time to baste the
bean curd with hot oil; or else separately turn the pieces so they
can heat through evenly. VARIATIONS:
1. For the soy sauce, substitute oyster sauce.
2. Use 4 or 5 whole scallions, cut in 1-inch lengths.
3. Before serving, sprinkle bean curd with a few drops of sesame oil;
or garnish with minced raw scallion.
4. With Chinese sausage: Steam 4 Chinese sausages 15 minutes; then
slice thin. Add to heated oil in step 2 and brown lightly; then
stir-fry scallion and bean curd.
5. With mushrooms (fresh): In step 2, add after the scallion, 1/4
pound fresh mushrooms, sliced, and stir-fry until slightly softened.
Then add the bean curd and continue as in steps 2 and 3.
6. With mushrooms (dried): After step 2, add 10 dried black mushrooms
(soaked), sliced, the soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Then gently
stir in 1/2 cup of the mushroom-soaking liquid or stock. Bring to a
boil and simmer, covered, 5 minutes over medium heat.
7. With roast pork: In step 2, add after the scallion, 1/4 cup roast
pork, sliced or diced, and stir-fry a few times. Then add the bean
curd and continue as in steps 2 and 3.
8. With shrimp: In step 2, add after the scallion 1/4 cup raw shrimp,
shelled, deveined and cut in 1-inch pieces; stir-fry until pinkish.
Then add bean curd and continue as in steps 2 and 3.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!