Basic stir-fried beef #1
Beef Meat Basics
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:07:25 AM. Recipe ID 33405. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Basic stir-fried beef #1
Yield: 4 Servings
1/4 lb Lean beef
1 tb Cornstarch
1 tb Soy sauce
1 tb Sherry
1/2 ts Sugar
1 lb Vegetables
2 sl Fresh ginger root
1 1/2 tb Oil
1 1/2 tb Oil
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 c Stock
1. Slice beef thin against the grain. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce,
sherry and sugar. Add to beef and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes,
2. Slice vegetables. Mince ginger root.
3. Heat oil. Add beef and stir-fry until it loses its redness (about 2
minutes). Remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then ginger root and stir-fry a few
times. Add vegetables and stir-fry to heat and coat with oil.
5. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Cook, covered, over medium heat,
until vegetables are nearly done.
6. Return beef and stir-fry to reheat and blend flavors (about 1
minute more). Serve at once.
NOTE: Any vegetable can be used (see "Cooking Instructions for
Vegetables" for details on cooking time). For suggested combinations,
see "Basic Stir-Fried Vegetable Combinations". VARIATIONS:
In step 1, add to the cornstarch mixture 1 egg, beaten.
Omit the cornstarch, sherry and sugar, and double the soy sauce
instead. Toss beef in the soy, then dip in beaten egg.
In step 3, before adding beef, add 1 garlic clove, crushed; and 1
scallion stalk, in 1/2-inch sections, and stir-fry a few times.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!