Basic stir-fried chicken #1
Chicken Poultry Basics
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:07:25 AM. Recipe ID 33407. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Basic stir-fried chicken #1
Yield: 4 Servings
1 Chicken breast
2 sl Fresh ginger root
1 Scallion stalk
1 tb Cornstarch
1 tb Sherry
2 tb Water
1/2 ts Salt
1 lb Vegetables
1 1/2 tb Oil
1 1/2 tb Oil
1 tb Soy sauce
1 pn Sugar
1/2 c Stock
1. Skin and bone chicken; then slice thin.
2. Mince ginger root and scallion, then combine with cornstarch,
sherry, water and salt. Add to chicken and toss to coat. Let stand 15
minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile slice vegetables.
4. Heat oil. Add chicken and stir-fry until it begins to brown (2-3
minutes). Remove from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil; add vegetables and stir-fry to coat with oil
(1-2 minutes). Sprinkle with soy sauce and sugar.
6. Stir in stock, and heat quickly. Then simmer, covered, until
vegetables are nearly done. Return chicken; stir in to reheat and
blend flavors (about
1/2 minute). Serve at once.
NOTE: Any vegetable can be used (see "Cooking Instructions for
Vegetables" for details on cooking time). For suggested
combinations, see "Stir-Fried Chicken Vegetable Combos". VARIATIONS:
1. Dice the chicken and vegetables or cut in strips.
2. For the ingredients in step 2, substitute either of the following
a. 1 tablespoon each of cornstarch, soy sauce and sherry
b. 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon cornstarch,
1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 dash of pepper and 1 garlic clove, minced
3. In step 6, add with the stock 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon
2 teaspoons soy sauce.
SEE "STIR-FRIED CHICKEN
VEGETABLE COMBOS" FOR SUGGESTED
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!