Basic wonton filling
Meat Basics Fillings
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:07:28 AM. Recipe ID 33468. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Basic wonton filling
Yield: 12 Servings
2 -(up to)
2 1/2 c Meat
1/2 -(up to)
1 c Vegetables
1 Scallion stalk
1 tb Soy sauce
1/2 ts Salt
1. Mince or shred meat and vegetables. Then combine with soy sauce and
salt, blending well.
2. Let stand 30 minutes. Wrap mixture in wonton skins: fold as in the
methods described in "Information: Wontons".
NOTE: The quantities given are for 40 wonton skins or about 1/2
pound. When raw pork is used, it may be stir-fried first with the
scallion until it loses its pinkness, then sprinkled lightly with soy
sauce and sherry. VARIATIONS:
1. For the meat above, use any of the following combinations:
a. Pork (lean or roast) and shrimp
b. Pork (lean or roast) ond crabmeat
c. Pork (lean or roast) and fish fillets
d. Pork (lean or roast) and lobster
2. For the pork in the variations above, substitute chicken breast.
3. In step 1, add any of the following, minced or shredded: 1 or 2
dried black mushrooms (soaked); 2 tablespoons bamboo shoots; 2
tablespoons button mushrooms, 4 or 5 water chestnuts.
4. In step 2, for the soy sauce, substitute 2 tablespoons sherry.
5. In step 2, also add any of the following: 1 egg, beaten; 1 teaspoon
comstarch; 1/2 teaspoon sugar; 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice; 1 tablespoon
peanut oil or a few drops of sesame oil.
From , ISBN 0-517-65870-4.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!