Beefsteak Pudding, From 1845
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:08:11 AM. Recipe ID 34534. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Beefsteak pudding, from 1845
Yield: 4 Servings
1 lb Flour
6 oz Beef suet finely minced
1 oz Flour (extra)
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 pt Water or the yolks of 4 eggs
-With a little water
1 lb Beefsteak
1/2 oz Salt (extra)
1/2 ts Pepper
1/4 pt Water
1. Grease a basin, put a large pot of water onto the boil.
2. Make the pastry with the flour, suet, salt, and water (or eggs)
3. Roll it out and line the basin leaving a piece for the lid
4. Cut the steak into convenient pieces, flour and season them with
pepper and salt; put them in the pudding.
5. Pour in the 1/4 pint of water, and put on the pastry lid.
6. Tie over with a floured cloth, and boil as above.
Taken from. GOOD THINGS IN ENGLAND, A practicle cookery book for
everyday use. Edited by Florence White.
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 22:30:52 +0100 (BST)
From: Matt Johnston
MM-Recipes Digest V3 #156
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!