Beer cheese soup with popcorn
Beer Cheese Popcorn Soups
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:08:13 AM. Recipe ID 34603. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Beer cheese soup with popcorn
Categories: Cheese, Soups
Yield: 7 Servings
1/4 c Margarine
1 c Onion; chopped
1/2 c Celery; chopped
1/2 c Carrot; chopped
1/4 c Fresh parsley; chopped
2 Cloves garlic; minced
1/4 c Flour
3 ts Dry mustard
Pepper to taste
2 c Half and half
1 c Chicken broth
2 1/2 c American cheese
12 oz Beer
2 c Popcorn; popped
1. Melt margarine in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Stir in onions, celery, carrots, parsley and garlic. Cook 5-6
minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp
3. Stir in flour, mustard and pepper and mix well; cook 1 minute
4. Gradually add half and half and chicken broth; mix well.
5. Cook uncovered over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until soup is
thickened and thouroughly heated.
6. Stir in cheese and beer, cook 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted;
do not boil.
7. Ladle into individual serving bowls, garnish with popcorn.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!