Beet Mousse With Curried Chicken Salad ( March, 1997)
Mousse Chicken Salad Beets
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:08:16 AM. Recipe ID 34667. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Beet mousse with curried chicken salad ( march, 1997)
Categories: First cours, Salads
Yield: 1 Servings
3 md Beets; Cooked in their skin
-(up to 4)
2 1/2 c Chicken broth (up to 3)
2 pk Unflavored gelatin
1 c Unflavored yogurt
2 tb Lemon or lime juice
1 sm Grated onion
1 tb Sugar (up to 2)
1 tb Mustard
Salt and pepper; to taste
1. Peel and cube cooked beets.
2. Place gelatin in a bowl with 6 T water, stir. Let stand 2 minutes
and pour hot chicken stock stirring.
3. Process together all the ingredients except gelatin. Correct
4. Add cooled gelatin and process just to blend.
5. Pour into an oiled mold to set
1. Save 1/3 of the beet mousse, before pouring it into the mold.
2. Once the mousse has set, remove some of the gelatin in the center ,
leaving sides and bottom intact, like walls.
3. Replace the part that has been removed, with curried chicken salad
to which 1/2 pkg gelatin has been added.
4. Let set. Cover with the rest of the mousse. Let set.
5. Serve on lettuce leaves.
NOTES : This is a very impressive dish at a buffet dinner.
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!