Better-Than-Bottled Pizza Sauce
Pizza Sauces Dips
Last updated 6/12/2012 1:08:34 AM. Recipe ID 35125. Report a problem with this recipe.
Title: Better-than-bottled pizza sauce
Categories: Dips &, Sauces
Yield: 1 Servings
1 tb Olive oil
1/2 c Finely chopped onion
1 1/2 ts Minced garlic
1 cn Tomato puree; (28 oz)
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Pepper
1/2 ts Sugar
1. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Add onion and cook over medium-low
heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft. Add garlic and cook
1 minute until fragrant.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and
simmer partially covered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Makes 3 cups
NOTES : Stir in the following into your sauce for more pizzazz:
* Ground chili powder, cumin and chopped Jalapeno peppers.
* Dried basil, oregano, and chopped fresh parsley.
* Refrigerated pesto.
* Diced oil-marinated sun-dried tomatoes and dried thyme
Didn't find the recipe you were looking for? Search for more here!